Have been spending the evening putting the finishing touches to a new course I’ve written for various venues this Autumn – trying to help communicators in the public sector build on existing social media usage to achieve better results.
Sometimes it’s hard to know what to put in and what to leave out, but the areas the course will be covering include:
- The theory behind social media
- Advanced social media channel implementations using social networks (eg Facebook, LinkedIn) microblogging (eg Twitter), blogging and video sharing (eg YouTube)
- Setting up a social media monitoring system
- Dealing with negative coverage on social media
- Strategies for creating thriving social media communities
- Building social media into your communications, marketing and service strategies
- Paid-for opportunities on social media
- Best practice use of social media in emergency situations
There are just a handful of places left on the first course – it’s in Glasgow on Friday, 14 September. Full details and booking details here.