We’re looking for a web guru to join Medway Council’s successful Communications and Marketing team. We have a ten month contract on offer to cover maternity leave.
We relaunched our website in Autumn 2010. This role’s about improving our website further to provide the best possible online service for residents in Medway. You will be working closely with the council’s transformation programme to increase the take-up of online services and help the council meet its goals for channel shift.
Here’s a bit more more about who we’re looking for:
- A qualified web, communications or public relations specialist (for example CIPR, CIM, IDM, related degree or suitable alternative) or with demonstrable substantial relevant experience
- Someone with significant experience of managing or co-ordinating a large or complex website,
- Someone ideally with in-depth knowledge of the issues facing and workings of local government
- Good political awareness
- Excellent IT skills of course! To include word processing, internet applications, content management systems, basic HTML and social media including blogs, Twitter, Facebook.
- Someone with excellent communication skills, with the ability to present complex information in an understandable way.
The role’s based in Chatham, Medway, Kent (easy walking distance from Chatham station – mainline to Central London) and attracts a pro-rata annual salary of between £22,958 and £30,011.The closing date for application is 25 November 2011 and interviews for shortlisted candidates will take place on Tuesday, 6 December 2011.
For more information drop me a line or call Charlotte Edwards on 01634 332449.
For full details and to apply online visit the council website.