My good friends over at Canterbury-based online design and development agency Tinderhouse are on the hunt for a senior web developer.
They’ve got some great clients and projects, including the MapMyTracks GPS sports tracking system and are based at the Canterbury Innovation Centre.
The full details are below. If you’re interested drop them a line at recruitment [at] tinderhouse.com and make sure you let them know you saw the job here!
Senior web developer
Due to an increasing order book we have an immediate opening available for a senior web developer. As an integral part of the development team you will be responsible for delivering first class web websites and mobile apps across a diverse range of projects.
We are looking for a dynamic forward thinking person to fill this exciting role that will be working on a range of client projects as well as our own service, Map My Tracks.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for developing websites from concept through to completion. Along the way you should be able to:
- communicate with clients on a professional level;
- develop design concepts into completed solutions;
- organise and implement the project to meet the deadline and budget.
To be successful in this roll the right the ideal candidate should:
- BSc/MSc/PhD in Computer Science or related;
- be proficient in using PHP, MySQL;
- have a full understanding of AJAX, Moo Tools & JQuery;
- have a complete understanding of hand coding accessible websites using XHML and CSS;
- have a genuine interest in developing leading-edge websites and mobile apps;
- have experience of building websites with a CMS (Expression Engine experience is a must); and
- have a basic understanding of SEO principles.
Responsibilities of the Senior Web Developer
- Work in a structured support environment incorporating: analysis, design fixes, coding standards, code review, quality assurance, source code management and documentation;
- Adhere to department policies, procedures, guidelines and best practice initiatives;
- Contribute to the team by sharing new ideas and technologies in meetings;
- Work closely with account managers to ensure client satisfaction;
- Communicate with all relevant areas of the business to ensure client satisfaction;
- Able to identify and diagnose and fix custom code.
It goes without saying that the ideal candidate should be highly motivated, able to adapt to a changing environment, be flexible and able to work through problems. A passion for the cycling, running and the outdoors is an advantage.
This is a permanent position available to start immediately based in our office at the Canterbury Innovation Centre in Canterbury.
If you think you are the right person for this position send your CV and detail of your experience together with examples your work including your input for each project to recruitment [at] tinderhouse.com.
- Great salary
- 20 Days holiday a year – rising 1 day per annum served up to a maximum of 25
- Good and fair companywide bonuses
- Training budget to go towards your ongoing growth and training