Socialbury is a monthly free knowledge sharing event for communications and marketing people in Kent. It’s run by Kent communications and marketing agency Deeson Creative where I’m now based as director of communications and marketing.
Following on from the success of the monthly Socialbury breakfast event, we’re extending the Socialbury concept to include a new evening event – it’s called Socialbury Lightning Talks and takes place on Wednesday, 28 May in Canterbury.
Socialbury Lightning Talks is an opportunity to hear six great 10 minute communications and marketing presentations in an informal setting with like-minded professionals (as well as having a beer at the same time).
We’re really excited about the line-up for 28 May:
- Google: Putting people at the heart of your services
- Turner Contemporary: From zero to a million visits in three years
- University of Kent: Letting go of control to reach your audience
- Canterbury City Council: Talking rubbish – getting 68,000 households on a new bin system
- South East Water: How Twitter saved Christmas
- Porchlight: Keeping awareness fresh after 40 years
The event is completely free and takes place at the Gulbenkian at the University of Canterbury. It starts at 7.30pm and there’s plenty of free parking on-site.
If you’d like to join us at Socialbury Lightning Talks next month, you can bag your free place now.
And if you’re planning on coming along let me know so I can pop over and say hello too (tweet me @simonwakeman)