Hot on the heels of my recent trip to Glasgow to run the new one day Advanced Social Media for the Public Sector course, I’m delighted to confirm a new date in Leeds. I’ll be running the course there on Tuesday, 27 November at the Park Plaza hotel.
This is a new course I’ve written that’s aimed at intermediate and advanced users of social media in communications, engagement or service delivery – although feedback from some absolute beginners on the Glasgow course was very positive too.
Here’s what some previous delegates said:
Excellent workshop with good examples. Simon was extremely knowledgeable
Excellent interactive workshop with hands on examples
This workshop was excellent; I learnt a lot and it gave me much food for thought!!!
The workshopmet my objectives and more. Simon made the content accessible and easy to understand on a practical level
Excellent amount of content. Not information overload and very informative that I can take forward. Would recommend to colleagues
The course includes:
- The theory behind social media
- Advanced social media channel implementations using social networks (eg Facebook, LinkedIn), microblogging (eg Twitter), blogging and video sharing (eg YouTube)
- Setting up a social media monitoring system
- Dealing with negative coverage on social media – interactive exercise
- Strategies for creating thriving social media communities
- Building social media into your communications, marketing and service strategies
- Paid-for opportunities on social media
- Best practice use of social media in emergency situations
Plus I’ve written a new segment about LinkedIn after feedback from delegates in Glasgow that they wanted to find out more about how this professional social network could be used in public sector communications.
It’s a great fun course to deliver (and hopefully to participate in too) and is designed to be interactive with plenty of time for discussions and sharing of experiences.