Founder, Director and Principal Consultant
December 2002 to February 2013 (part-time)
Oystertown Ltd was a small agency business I established in 2002 to provide digital marketing, communications and web services to a range of clients.
As well as delivering projects myself I established a network of freelance contributors to provide these to private and public sector clients alongside my full-time employment. Projects successfully delivered by Oystertown included:
- Marketing and strategy consultancy for Map My Tracks – a mobile app and web business focussed on live GPS sports tracking.
- Website strategy, development and maintenance for clients including PR Academy, British Marine Electronics Association, The Filtration Society and Behind the Spin.
- Email marketing strategy, campaigns and optimisation for clients including PR Academy and CIM Kent.
- Personally delivering digital communications and marketing training for private and public sector clients in the UK, Ireland and New Zealand. Clients include Fife Council, Bullet PR / Ogilvy New Zealand, Department for Business, Innovation and Skills, Scottish Government, Chartered Institute of Marketing, Transport Scotland and the Institute of Internal Communication
My client list included:
- Accelerate Nottingham
- Allerdale Borough Council
- Behind the Spin PR student magazine
- British Marine Electronics Association
- Bullet PR New Zealand / Ogilvy NZ
- Chartered Institute of Marketing
- Department for Business, Innovation and Skills
- Fife Council
- Filtration Society
- Hadlow College
- Hampshire County Council
- Hertfordshire County Council
- Hertfordshire district councils
- Institute of Internal Communication
- Kent County Council
- Merton Council
- Neath Port Talbot Council
- Peterborough City Council
- Powys County Council
- PR Academy
- Skills Funding Agency
- Stafford Borough Council
- Transport Scotland
Tinderhouse is a communications consultancy specialising in delivering high quality internet and marketing services to small- and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) in Kent and South East England.
I was originally responsible for conceiving and developing the Tinderhouse service and marketing propositions. As well as delivering web and marketing activities for clients since December 2002 we have developed the business into a network of high quality freelance designers, programmers and marketers.
Developing the Tinderhouse business gave me real experience of running a small business and managing client relationships professionally. This experience has proved invaluable in my full-time work roles.
In 2008 I delivered online and offline public relations for the new Tinderhouse-developed Map My Tracks start-up. This innovative mobile phone GPS sports tracking application brings affordable GPS tracking to sportsmen and women using just their mobile phones.